Terms of Business
Welcome to the Good Move website.
- Your use of any information provided on the website is used entirely at your own risk, for which we will not be held responsible for. It is your own responsibility to establish that our services, products and information provided in the website best suit your requirements.
- The content of the website is for your use only, we cannot be held responsible for information you pass onto third parties. The website is subject to change quite regularly and without notice so please check the website for updates.
- Good Move does not provide any guarantees or warranty with regards to the accuracy of the information provided on the website. Customers should acknowledge that on some occasions there maybe inaccuracies on the website and Good Move therefore exclude liability for any inaccuracies which may be found.
- This website and all information provided within it is owned by Good Move. The information includes the design, layout, look and appearance as well as the graphics on the website. Any copyright infringement / reproduction of the information is strictly prohibited.
- Unauthorised use of this website may include links to other websites, Good Move doesn’t endorse these other websites and we have no responsibility for the content and information they provide on their website. Customers must take full responsibility and risk for the use of Good Move’s website and use of all information contained within it.
- Unauthorised unethical use of the website could give a claim for damages.
The Good Move website is based upon property laws in England & Wales.
- We reserve the right to make changes or corrections to the website at all times.
- Good Move have made all reasonable endeavours to make sure that the website and all content provided within it complies with current UK legislation.
- Good Move gives no warranties or guarantees that the website will operate continuously or without occasional interruptions.
- Good Move accept no liability for customer’s loss or damage of data, profit, revenue or business. In any circumstances where customers suffer any loss or in fact damage through the use of the website we accept no liability for this loss or damage whether it be because of error, omission or any other cause.
- If Good Move is found to be liable for any action, our liability is limited to the sum of £5. This limitation however may not apply if we have been negligent in causing personal injury or death.
- Customers are responsible for making sure that their computer system meets all specifications / criteria so that they can use Good Move’s site effectively. Good Move can’t also guarantee that information downloaded from the website will be virus free. Customers need to be responsible for carrying out sufficient security checks.
Good Move will make you an initial offer in principle. This is an indication of how much we may pay for your property based on the estimated market value which you provide.
- If this if of interest to you then we will arrange for an Asset Management Company to conduct an appraisal of your property, which includes at least one valuation from an estate agent local to your property.
- Once we get the appraisal report back from the Asset Management Company we will make you a formal offer, subject only to contract and survey. Should you decide to proceed with our formal offer we will then instruct a RICS Chartered Surveyor to inspect your property. This will be paid for by Good Move.
- Should the survey reveal the property is not of standard construction or not be “marketable” and/or “mortgageable” then our formal offer may be amended.
- To sell your property you will need to use a property lawyer. You may instruct your own Lawyer or alternatively use one we recommend.
- If you use a Lawyer recommended by us Good Move will pay all your legal fees. If you choose to use your own Lawyer we will make a contribution of £500 towards the legal fee. This is only payable on completion of the sale and will not be payable if the sale does not proceed to completion.
- Your Lawyer will be required to have Professional Indemnity Insurance of no less than two million pounds, a minimum of two partners, be a Solicitor or Licensed Conveyancer based in the UK and have no disciplinary proceedings or action registered against them.
- As we do not meet clients face to face we will instruct an external agency to verify the ID of all registered sellers of the property.
- Once we have received the legal report on title from our Lawyer together with the RICS survey report we will then reconfirm our formal offer. If there is anything adverse raised in either of these reports that could have an impact on the value then we may need to adjust the formal offer. Both of these reports are available for inspection by you or your lawyer.
- You are under no obligation to proceed with the sale of the property to Good Move until contracts are exchanged. Exchange of Contracts is done by your Lawyer who will do this only with your instruction. At this point you become legally bound to proceed. Prior to exchange of contracts a completion date will be agreed.
- Unless agreed otherwise the property will be sold to Good Move with vacant possession on completion.
- Under The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you are permitted a cancellation / cooling off period of 14 days from the date of a signed contract. This comes into effect when our contract is signed by you at a location away from our office. Cancellation must always be made in writing and be received within the 14 day time period. If an EPC, Home Report or marketing materials (photography/ floor plan / costs etc) have been incurred by Good Move in this period, you will be liable for these costs, but only if the contract is cancelled within the cooling off period.
- We are members of The Property Ombudsman (www.tpos.co.uk) and have a formal complaints procedure. Details of this can be found under ‘Complaints Procedure’ on the bottom navigation bar on our website.
Good Move accepts no liability for the content of this website and any liability can be excluded by law.
Good Move will always complete in a timescale to suit you but accepts no liability if a completion date cannot be met or if a purchase does not take place for whatever reason.