Terms of Business
Welcome to the Good Move website.
- Your use of any information provided on the website is used entirely at your own risk, for which we will not be held responsible for. It is your own responsibility to establish that our services, products and information provided in the website best suit your requirements.
- The content of the website is for your use only, we cannot be held responsible for information you pass onto third parties. The website is subject to change quite regularly and without notice so please check the website for updates.
- Good Move does not provide any guarantees or warranty with regards to the accuracy of the information provided on the website. Customers should acknowledge that on some occasions there maybe inaccuracies on the website and Good Move therefore exclude liability for any inaccuracies which may be found.
- This website and all information provided within it is owned by Good Move. The information includes the design, layout, look and appearance as well as the graphics on the website. Any copyright infringement / reproduction of the information is strictly prohibited.
- Unauthorised use of this website may include links to other websites, Good Move doesn’t endorse these other websites and we have no responsibility for the content and information they provide on their website. Customers must take full responsibility and risk for the use of Good Move’s website and use of all information contained within it.
- Unauthorised unethical use of the website could give a claim for damages.
The Good Move website is based upon property laws in England & Wales.
- We reserve the right to make changes or corrections to the website at all times.
- Good Move have made all reasonable endeavours to make sure that the website and all content provided within it complies with current UK legislation.
- Good Move gives no warranties or guarantees that the website will operate continuously or without occasional interruptions.
- Good Move accept no liability for customer’s loss or damage of data, profit, revenue or business. In any circumstances where customers suffer any loss or in fact damage through the use of the website we accept no liability for this loss or damage whether it be because of error, omission or any other cause.
- If Good Move is found to be liable for any action, our liability is limited to the sum of £5. This limitation however may not apply if we have been negligent in causing personal injury or death.
- Customers are responsible for making sure that their computer system meets all specifications / criteria so that they can use Good Move’s site effectively. Good Move can’t also guarantee that information downloaded from the website will be virus free. Customers need to be responsible for carrying out sufficient security checks.
Good Move will make you an informal offer in principle initially over the phone and if this is of interest we will arrange for our asset management company to undertake an appraisal of your property (2 x agent appraisals).
Good Move generally receives the valuation report back within 4/5 working days and from that we can make you an offer subject to contract and survey. If you decide to accept Good Move’s offer we will instruct solicitors and instruct a RICS valuation which will be undertaken by an independent chartered surveyor. The costs of this and any other seller’s costs are covered by Good Move at all times.
If the survey states that the property is not mortgageable or is not a standard type of construction our formal offer may be amended or in some cases retracted. The survey is available for inspection by all clients.
With regards to lawyers, you can instruct your own lawyer or you can use one which is recommended by Good Move. If customers decide to use a lawyer recommended by us we will cover your legal fees up to £500 + VAT. This will only be payable on completion and will not be paid if the sale does not complete.
Good Move generally don’t meet clients face to face so we use an external agency so that the true identity of the property owner can be established. The external agency will also verify ID and all original documents (passport, Driving license, utility bills) and they will request your signature for Good Move’s records.
Clients are under no obligation to proceed with a sale to Good Move, but after an exchange which is legally binding, a completion date will be set.
Occasionally we may agree for clients to remain in their property after completion but this will only be for a short period of time (no longer than a week). We would get the solicitors to draw up a license to occupy upon which both parties would sign.
Good Move accepts no liability for the content of this website and any liability can be excluded by law.
Good Move will always complete in a timescale to suit you but accepts no liability if a completion date cannot be met or if a purchase does not take place for whatever reason.